Teaching activities and resources
I thought I’d share some activities and resources that I’ve developed or found as I prepare to teach remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Please keep in mind that those I developed were almost all created over a single day–so be kind 😉
For my world art history class (15th century to the present):
- The Carters’ “Apes**t” and world art history (based on my 5-day activity discussed here) for 2 different online days
- Have your students make a conceptual or performance artwork that responds to covid-19.
- Activity about Art of the Pacific at LACMA and The Met
- Activity about Western and Central African art in the 19th and 20th century and creating a museum tour*
- Activity about museum acquisitions and Japanese Edo period art
- Activity about creating a museum tour of Plains and Northwest Coastal art*
- Activity about students researching surrealism outside Europe*
Activities marked with an asterisk (*) were inspired by an activity created by Dr. Erin Thompson (John Jay College, who has an OER for her ART 101 class)
- I recommend checking out her early photography and impressionism activities–I plan to use those!